How to Access Care:
If you have a private insurance, ask your insurer about coverage and if they have a preferred network of providers for you to use.
Call Gateway to find out more about Santa Clara County Substance Use Treatment Services:
Gateway Call Center is available: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If you are looking for withdrawal management (detox) services, please call the numbers:
Signs of Quality Treatment. To ensure a quality treatment, make sure websites of providers have signs of quality treatment. Review the websites of the providers and see if they have the five signs of quality treatment detailed below.
Find another provider if you or your family member can't be seen within 48 hours. Many programs offer walk‐in services. Look for a program that can get you or a loved one into treatment quickly.
Treatment and recovery from substance use disorders should match each individual's needs. Good programs offer a range of services of evidence-based treatments.
- Accreditation: Is the program licensed or certified by the state? Do they have trained and certified staff in substance use and mental disorders that are licensed and registered in the state? How have people rated the program's services?
- Medication: Do they offer medication-assisted treatment FDA approved for alcohol and opioid use disorder recovery?
- Evidence Based Practices: What treatments does the program offer that are proven to be effective in substance use disorders? Examples include medication-assisted treatment, behavioral therapies, counseling and education. Is there medical care offered or able to be obtained for physical health care issues?
- Families: Are family members a part of the treatment process? What support programs, education, or counseling is available to families?
- Supports: What supports are provided beyond treating substance use disorder? Does the program provide ongoing counseling, recovery support, sober living facilities, employment support?