Established in 2010, the Suicide Prevention Program has the mission of reducing and preventing suicides in Santa Clara County, by bringing community awareness to the issue and engaging in community prevention efforts. Our work includes the following:
- Running crisis intervention services, such as the Suicide and Crisis Hotline;
- Running public education and outreach campaigns to encourage people to seek help when they need it;
- Promoting safe and effective messaging and reporting in the media;
- Training community members to identify and support others who are in crisis;
- Working with County schools to strengthen suicide crisis response and prevention;
- Implementing policies that are supportive of suicide prevention; and
- Collecting data and evaluating activities to monitor and strengthen program efforts.