Teleconference Guidelines for Board of Supervisors Meetings and Board Policy Committee Meetings
Pursuant to the provisions of California Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 17, 2020, certain meetings of the Board of Supervisors and Board Policy Committees will be held by teleconference only. No physical location will be available for these teleconference meetings; however, members of the public will be able to participate in the meetings as noted below, and online streaming will continue as normal in the following forms:
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the Public may provide public comments to teleconference meetings as follows:
- Written public comments may be submitted by email to BoardOperations@cob.sccgov.org. Written comments will be distributed to the Board as quickly as possible, however, please note that documents may take up to 24 hours to be posted to the agenda outline.
- Spoken public comments will be accepted through the teleconference meeting. To address the Board, click on the link below for the appropriate meeting to access a Zoom-based meeting. Please read the following instructions carefully.
- You may download the Zoom client or connect to the meeting in-browser. If using your browser, make sure you are using a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer.
- You will be asked to enter an email address and name. We request that you identify yourself by name as this will be visible online and will be used to notify you that it is your turn to speak.
- When the Board President calls for the item on which you wish to speak, click on “raise hand.” The Clerk will activate and unmute speakers in turn. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak.
- When called, please limit your remarks to the time limit allotted.
Upcoming meetings of the Board of Supervisors and Board Policy Committees, conducted via teleconference, will be identified as teleconference meetings on each applicable agenda. Please see links below to the agenda portal for the Board of Supervisors and each Policy Committee. Teleconference links will be posted on each agenda, and on the Welcome page for the meeting group.
If you only wish to watch the meeting, not address the
Board, the Clerk requests that you utilize one of the standard streaming
options as noted above.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and
the Brown Act, those requiring accommodation for these meetings should notify the
Clerk of the Board's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting at (408) 299-5001 or Boardoperations@cob.sccgov.org.