Healthy Relationships Help Kids Thrive!
The best way to confront the problem of child abuse and neglect is to prevent it from happening in the first place by surrounding children with healthy parental, family and community-based relationships that are physically and emotionally safe, respectful, supportive, and never violent or abusive.
What is the Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC)?
The Child Abuse Prevention Council of Santa Clara County is a Commission of the Board of Supervisors made up of 23 volunteer Commissioners and several other Community Advisory, Emeritus and Committee Members who, together, coordinate the County's response to child abuse and neglect. Its members represent many different public and private agencies, community volunteers, a wide range of professional disciplines, a diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and the various geographical areas of the county.
The Council meets monthly. Meetings are open to the public. Community members who are concerned about child abuse and committed to its prevention are invited to attend meetings, join a committee, and/or join the Council.
The mission of the Child Abuse Prevention Council is to prevent and respond to all forms of child abuse and neglect through community partnerships, education, collaboration, and advocacy.
Child Abuse Prevention Council Activities:
- Assess the service needs in the county for the prevention, detection, treatment and legal processing of child abuse cases.
- Provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination.
- Promote public awareness about the abuse and neglect of children.
- Recommend improvements in services of families and children.
- Recommend to the Board of Supervisors where the county's Children's Trust Fund and state and county funds are needed.
Email the Child Abuse Prevention Council Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Abuse Prevention Council, 70 West Hedding, 10th Floor, San Jose CA 95110.
Về Hội đồng vì Trẻ em bị Bạc đãi