New Name! Welcome to the Child Abuse Prevention Council Website!
The Council's long-awaited name change from Child Abuse Council to Child Abuse Prevention Council was approved by Council members and the Santa Clara Board of Supervisors in October 2017. We are in the process of updating our website and outreach materials. Stay tuned!
The mission of the Child Abuse Prevention Council of Santa Clara County is to protect children from abuse and neglect by their parents and caregivers, and from the systems designed to protect them.
What is the Child Abuse Prevention Council?
The Child Abuse Prevention Council of Santa Clara County began as a committee, appointed in 1980 by the county's Board of Supervisors, to address a serious lack of coordination and cooperation among numerous public and private agencies which provided services to child abuse victims and their families.
The Council was reorganized into its present form in 1987. Its members represent many different public and private agencies, community volunteers, a wide range of professional disciplines, a diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and the various geographical areas of the county.
Council meetings are open to the public. People who are concerned about child abuse and committed to its prevention are invited to join. People are also invited to join the various Committees of the Council
Child Abuse Prevention Council Activities:
- Assess the service needs in the county for the prevention, detection, treatment and legal processing of child abuse cases.
- Provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination.
- Promote public awareness about the abuse and neglect of children.
- Recommend improvements in services of families and children.
- Recommend to the Board of Supervisors where the county's Children's Trust Fund and state and county funds are needed.
- Invite young people to address the needs of youth in the county.
Email the Child Abuse Prevention Council Coordinator, Becky Manchester Aidlberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Abuse Prevention Council, 70 West Hedding, 10th Floor, San Jose CA 95110.
Về Hội đồng vì Trẻ em bị Bạc đãi