The Child Abuse Prevention Council of Santa Clara County is partnering with local organizations throughout the month of April to promote activities and awareness that lead to child abuse prevention.
What can individuals do to promote Child Abuse Prevention Month (CAP Month)?
Volunteer, Donate and Advocate
- Donate goods, money and time to organizations that support children and families.
- Become a regular volunteer for an organization that support children and families.
- Help a family in your neighborhood with baby-sitting, homework help, errands, or encouragement.
- Advocate for programs and policies that strengthen families like after-school programs, mentoring programs, affordable day care, affordable housing, home visiting programs, pre-school, family resource centers, and health care.
Be visible and be heard all month long!
- Use your social media account to promote child abuse prevention and awareness
- Adopt one or more of the symbols of prevention.
- Participate in Wear Blue Day on Friday, April 6, 2018
- Wear a blue ribbon pin.
- Plant a pinwheel garden in your front yard or in front of your workplace.
Learn and spread knowledge - Here are our top four picks for April 2018
What can organizations do during CAP month?