District 4 Supervisor Susan Ellenberg currently serves as Chair of the Public Safety
and Justice Committee and Vice-Chair of the Health and Hospital Committee. Calendars with scheduled committee meetings, agendas for the meetings, as well as video are available at the links below.
This committee is responsible for oversight of the criminal justice system. A key area of focus is preserving the non-custodial treatment options brought about by the implementation of the voter-approved referendum mandating drug treatment instead of incarceration for non-violent drug crimes. Another key areas is the statutory relationship between the Department of Correction and the Office of the Sheriff. This committee also provides a venue for discussion of matters related to the court system. This committee reviews budget recommendations relating to the Criminal justice departments including the Office of the District Attorney, Office of the Public Defender, Office of the Sheriff, Probation Department, Department of Correction, Pretrial Services, Medical Examiner-Coroner.
The work of the Health and Hospital Committee (HHC) is focused on the operations of a comprehensive health care system that provides prevention, education, and treatment; monitoring the ongoing health status of our County and maintaining a health care safety net for our community’s most vulnerable residents. This committee reviews the budget recommendations of the following county departments: Public Health Department, Mental Health Department, Alcohol and Drug Services, Custody Health Services, Community Health Services, Valley Health Plan, and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center.
She is also serves on the following:
- California State Association of Counties, Board of
- CASA- Committee To House The Bay Area—Delegate
- County Library District Joint Powers Authority—Alternate
- First 5 Santa Clara County—Delegate
- Joint Committee on Child Care—Delegate
- Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council—Delegate
- Local Agency Formation Commission—Delegate
- National Association of Counties—Delegate
- Santa Clara County Emergency Operational Area
- Silicon Valley Clean Energy Authority—Delegate
- Strong Start Leadership Team—Delegate
- Urban Counties Caucus—Delegate
- Valley Medical Center Foundation—Liaison
- Valley Transportation Authority Board of Directors—
- Valley Transportation Authority El Camino Real Policy
- Valley Transportation Authority Vasona Light Rail Policy