There are no employment opportunities at this time.
Intern with Susan
Supervisor Ellenberg offers part-time internships for college students. Responsibilities vary, and may include general office tasks (answering phones, filing, database management, photocopying, etc.), reviewing and organizing press coverage, creating content, assisting with constituent casework, conducting research, organizing and staffing public events, and other special projects.
Desirable qualifications include an interest in public policy and administration, communications, public relations, social media management, strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to work both independently and collaboratively, an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, and a positive attitude.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, and positions are filled as needed. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, a brief writing sample and a one-page response to the following questions (if addressed in cover letter, simply write “see cover letter”):
- Why are you applying for this internship?
- What do you expect to get out of this internship?
- What skills and knowledge will you bring to the internship?
- Which policy areas interest you?
- If you were a social media platform (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.), which would you be and why?
- Tell us something fun/interesting/unique about yourself.
- What is your availability? Please include days of the week, times of day, and start and end dates.