As of March 2020, Santa Clara County is in the red tier. If there are conflicts between State and County requirements, the more restrictive requirement needs to be followed. To learn more, click here.
To access our County’s Public Health website, click here.
To share a concern or ask a question about COVID, click here.
Residents can also call 2-1-1 to get connected to the right resources. 2-1-1 phone and text services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in 150 languages through phone interpretation services, and in English and Spanish for text services.
To listen to the recordings of our Telephone Town Halls, click here.
To view any of the February 2020 virtual town halls on Vaccines: When, Where and How, click here.
Any business, faith, nonprofit, or community leader with questions should
To report a non-essential business operating in violation of the Order to
“Shelter in Place,” click here.
Note: The resources
below are not an exhaustive list, or meant to substitute for expert advice on
employment, financial, legal, medical, schooling, or workplace issues.
to support Santa Clara County’s COVID-19 front line staff and first responders,
and the SCC Covid-19 Contact
Community Resources Guide: financial, food, health, housing, legal assistance for individuals,
families, and seniors in Santa Clara County. Services often available
regardless of ability to pay, or insurance/immigration status.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing (scroll down for more information):
- To find a location closest to you and schedule an appointment, go to sccFreeTest.org.
- To make an appointment by phone, call the Community Testing Line, (408) 970-2000, with help available in Chinese, English, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese.
Assistance (not included in Resources Guide, above):
· Creative/Arts funding: roundup
Funds for local artists, freelancers, musicians, performers, creative nonprofits.
· Destination: Home Rent/Financial Assistance for
Extremely Low-Income County residents who have documented loss of income due to
Covid-19 and are ineligible for unemployment or federal stimulus payments.
· Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants – state fund providing cash
assistance for undocumented Californians ($500 for individuals, up to $1000 per
household), administered locally through Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County. Apply via toll free hotline: 415.324.1011.
Nonprofits: Silicon Valley Nonprofit Crisis Resources.
· Santa Clara County Emergency
Assistance Network – small grants may be available for individuals and
—Community Services Agency of
Mountain View and Los Altos: 650.968.0836
—LifeMoves Opportunity Center
(Palo Alto): 650.853.8672
—Sunnyvale Community Services: 408.738.4321
—West Valley Community Services (Los Gatos, Saratoga, Cupertino): 408.366.6092
· Silicon Valley Community Foundation: Emergency Funding for individuals, families,
childcare providers, teachers, nonprofits, small businesses.
Interactive Map of Food Distribution Resources
· Food assistance for
youth under age 18 (pdf)
· Food assistance for
seniors age 60 and over (pdf)
virtual activities and entertainment
· Children’s Discovery Museum
Magical Bridge Foundation livestream singalongs and
stories, noon daily
· Pacific Art League free video discussions, demos and mini-workshops
· San Jose Museum of Art Museum from Home tutorials and videos
· San Jose Virtual Recreation Center field trips, classes, activities, all ages
· Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority virtual nature events
· Santa Clara County Library District Story Time
· Stay and Play virtual story hour for children and caregivers from the San Jose Public Library, weekdays at 10:30 a.m.; register here to participate in interactive livestream
· Stories from La Sala: Latinx artist talks, videos, performances presented by MACLA
Clara County Public Defender COVID-19 Guides: Community
and Family Resources; Impacts
to the Criminal Justice System.
County Public Health Orders: English;
Santa Clara County Schools: County Office of Education
Santa Clara County Services and Departments: Changes in accessibility and hours
Santa Clara County
Shelter-in-Place FAQs: English; Chinese; Spanish; Tagalog; Vietnamese
Seniors (not listed in Community Resources
Guide, above): Avenidas –
financial, government, medical and transportation resources for seniors; online
classes and activities. Assistance referral: 650.289.5433; Friendship Line: