Victim-Witness Assistant Program
Upon request, services available for victims of crime include:
- Crisis counseling
- Emergency assistance
- Resource & referral to other agencies
- Follow-up counseling
- Assistance with return of property taken as evidence
- Court assistance, accompaniment and support
- Victim compensation applications
- Information/orientation to criminal justice system.
- Advocates are available in the DA office by calling main number (408) 299-7400, or through Victim Center (408) 295-2656.or its website at www.victim.org.
- Applications for victim compensation is available at www.boe.ca.gov.
Claims can also be filled out and sent to Victim Witness Assistance Center, 777 N. First St., #220, San Jose, CA 95112.
If eligible, compensation is available for medical and dental losses due to crime, psychological counseling for victim and immediate family members for emotional trauma due to crime, assistance with relocation for domestic violence victims and sexual assault victims, home security assistance if victim in danger of harm from offender.
For More Information Please Contact:
70 West Hedding Street, West Wing
San Jose, CA 95110
Hotline: (408) 792-2599