During Discharge Planning When Client is Still in Treatment
Last modified: 3/2/2012 2:02 PM
- Give all eligible clients who have (or will have) successfully completed treatment from outpatient Client Information on Post-Treatment Continuous Recovery Monitoring. [Opens to page]
- Have client sign the Client Consent for CRM (each treatment site will have their own consent – a SAMPLE is available on this page). System Consent with expiration date = completion of services.
- Enter information onto the CRM Client Information Sheet from the discharge paperwork. Use the form to update phone numbers periodically. Record admission and discharge dates from discharge summary.
- First contact should occur 14 - 30 days after d/c from primary treatment.
- Client is closed (discharged) from active treatment FIRST before being admitted to the Continuous Recovery Monitoring modality. The client is then reopened (admitted) under the Continuous Recovery Monitoring U Code in UNICARE.
- Client participation in CRM is entirely voluntary but counselors should inform all clients about the benefits of CRM and its potential to help sustain recovery.