Visits are accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Up to two (2) adults may visit, but the visit will be split into one half-hour for each (one visitor at a time).
Any changes to a scheduled visit can ONLY be made by the person who originally scheduled the visit. For example, a second visitor CANNOT change the visiting time, cancel a visit or replace the original visitor with another person.
Adult visitors and the inmates' or the visitors' children may visit. Any reasonable number of dependent children may visit as long as they are constantly supervised and remain well behaved. If you cannot control your children, your visit will be terminated. An original and/or notarized birth certificate is required for each child at the time of visit. Children who are 18 years or older will be counted as adults.
Hospital visits must be scheduled at the Main Jail North Lobby on the same day of the visit. Inmates must be in the hospital for 7 days prior to any visits being scheduled.
The inmate will not be eligible for a visit if he has lost his privilege as a result of any disciplinary action.
DRESS CODE RULES STRICTLY ENFORCED
All visitors must wear shoes and clothing that is appropriate for visiting at the MAIN JAIL. Your visit will be cancelled and you will be denied entry into the facility if these rules are not followed. Any questions or clarification of these rules must be directed to the Information Desk Officer.
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ALLOWED:
• Dresses, skirts, skirts with slits that are more than 2 inches above the knee
• Clothing that exposes any part of the back, shoulders, chest or midriff
• Visible undergarments
• Transparent clothing, strapless, halter, spaghetti straps, bare midriff clothing, tank tops
• Unfastened buttons and zippers (they must remain fastened)
• Clothing that resembles jail / inmate clothing
• Law Enforcement or military patterned clothing
• Clothing or footwear containing metal
• Medical attire (scrubs)
• Attire displaying obscene or offensive language or drawings
• Visitors with tattoos of an offensive nature, or visible gang-associated tattoos or clothing, will not be allowed to visit
• Anything else deemed inappropriate by the Facility Commander or his/her designee will not be allowed
For More Information Please Contact
County of Santa Clara | Office of the Sheriff | Custody Bureau
150 W. Hedding Street | San Jose, California 95110
Phone: (408) 299-3438 (Recorded Information)