Due to the “Shelter-in-Place” order and the social distancing requirements, the Department of Planning and Development (DPD) is starting a Virtual Public Counter Consultation service, where in the public can schedule an appointment for a virtual consultation for 30 minute intervals. These will be scheduled 10:00 am, 11:15 am, 2:30 pm and 3:45 pm.
The public counter consultation will be conducted using Microsoft Teams in the following two ways:
- For person(s) capable to conduct video conferencing with their personal computers and internet connections, an invite will be sent to your listed email. Please follow the instructions in the email to proceed with the meeting.
- For person(s) not capable to conduct video conferencing remotely, they can come to the DPD offices at 70 W Hedding Street, San Jose, at the designated time. At the office, they will be facilitated with a computer to conduct a virtual public counter consultation. Persons choosing to visit the office will be required to following proper sanitation and safety requirements laid out by the department.
- Use of hand sanitizer before touching any equipment
- Face Masks must be worn at all times while in the building
- Not ill themselves or exposed to anyone that has been ill within the last two (2) weeks.
- No more than one person per appointment.
- There will be limited appointments available per day to maintain public safety standards mandated by the County.
“To make an appointment please call: 1 (408) 299-5700, between 8:00-11:20 am & 1:00-4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Choose Option #1 (Permits), then Choose Option #2 (Appointments) to speak with staff to setup your virtual appointment.”