The Department of Planning & Development is only accepting electronic submittals, as paper plan sets cannot be reviewed at this time.
- E-mail Revisions or Deferred submittals to email@example.com (max file size 20mb) and include:
- Subject line of the email: “Revision/Deferred Development Submittal” and Original Permit Number ex: Revision Submittal – DEV19-0000.
- A completed Development (Building and Grading) Permit Application form.
- Digital revised sheets Must have all changes clouded and must comply with Digital Submittal Requirements.
NOTE: If the revision includes additions or changes to architectural features to original permitted scope of work, a Planning Clearance, New Title Sheet, Rebuild Calculations, and fees may be required.
- A Permit Technician will verify completeness of submittal, create a Revision/Deferred permit application number, and provide access to the invoice for payment within 2 business days.
- If file size exceeds 20mb, files may be submitted/uploaded electronically via InSite Public Portal.
- To make payments and continue with submittal process, log into InSite Public Portal. If you already have a user account, or when creating user account, include the user email address(es) on Development Services Intake form.
- To create a user account, see Santa Clara County InSite Public User Manual.
- An e-mailed application for a permit is not a permit.
- This process is not for emergency permits.
- If a notification is not received within 2 business days from the time the application was e-mailed to us, please email us again at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This process is subject to change as improvements are implemented by the Department.