Digital Submittal Requirements
Required PDF Formatting for Construction Drawings
- Sheet Size
- LDE, Encroachment, Planning
- Building, Planning, Septic
- 18 x 24
- 24 x 36
- 30 x 42
- 36 x 48
- 11x17 (solar permits)
- In order to reduce the file sizes, all submittals shall be gray scale and legible. Original signatures of the Design Professionals shall conform to the appropriate State Code. Stamps and signatures of licensed professionals or plan preparers shall be affixed to each sheet.
- Sets of drawings are to be combined into a single document, and oriented to read from left to right. Drawings shall be plotted in landscape mode. Submission of numerous single sheets for binding or misoriented sheets are not permitted and project will be held until these specifications are met.
- Provide sheet count on the sheet index and verify the sheet count matches the plan set submitted. All sheets shall include graphical and electronic bookmarks for all pages. See example in Section 1.c.1.
- All sheets are scalable, with a graphic scale, unless noted as “Not to Scale”.
- Maximum file size shall not exceed 100 MB. For projects where the file size of the combined set of plans exceeds 100 MB, please break up files into volumes by discipline.
- Minimize the use of hatch fills. If hatch fills are used, then provide efficient fills (see below) to prevent slowdown rendering speed.
Correct Hatch Fill
Hatch Fill Too Dense
- Use true type font to allow searchability within the PDF document.
Required PDF Formatting for Construction Calculations, Reports, and Letters
- Sheet Size
- 8.5 x 11 (Letter)
- 8.5 x 14 (Legal)
- 11 x 17 (Ledger)
- All submittals should be gray scale.
- Original signatures of the Design Professionals shall conform to the appropriate State Code. Stamps and signatures of licensed professionals or plan preparers shall be affixed to the first sheet of calculations, reports, and letters.
- Sheets are to be combined in the document, and oriented to read from left to right and shall be plotted in portrait mode and combined.
- Provide sheet count on the sheet index and verify it matches sheet count submitted.
- Maximum file size shall not exceed 100 MB per the above instructions.
- Please refer to the Naming Convention Guidelines.
- PDF’s should be created directly from authoring application.
- Use Vector based lines. No Raster and no scanned documents except when documents are not available in their native format such as PC drawings and old referenced drawings, etc. Scanned documents shall be legible and free from streaks with a minimum resolution of 200dpi.
- Remove all unnecessary viewports.
- Remove all Meta Data.
- Maintain output scale when printing to PDF. Use Print to Scale, do not Print to Fit Page.
- Do not submit password protected documents or ‘Restricted’ documents.
- All drawing elements shall be flattened to remove layers and optimize the file size.
- PDF files must have bookmarks grouped, numbered, named, and set to Fit in Window (e.g. Architectural, Civil), have numbered sheets (e.g. C1.0, C2.0), and have sheet names (e.g. Grading Plan). Similarly, each supplemental document file requires key sections of each document to be bookmarked. Bookmarks must be set to Fit in Window.
- Plan Sheet numbers (bookmarks) should be unique within a Project / Case / Record, i.e. no drawing sheets should have the same Drawing / Sheet reference number.
- The Filename should include the Submission or Version number, which should be incremented for each submission (Plans - 2).
- For optimized performance, the file size of each file should not exceed 100MB (which is the upload limit in the Accela Cloud environment).
- If resubmitting plans, in multipage PDF files, ensure the plans are in the same order as previous submissions, and include all sheets.
- Provide a designated space on the Title Block of each sheet for the Building division’s approval stamp.
- This designated space will allow the department to use the automated stamping features in the electronic plan review software.
- See the figure below for the approximate placement of a 3”x3” space for the approval stamp.