The lot-line adjustment procedure provides for the minor alteration of property lines between two or more contiguous lots.
Master Application Form
Checklist [updated 2019 January 04]
Helpful Links for some checklist items
Plans must be legibly drawn to an appropriate scale, sheet size 18”x 24” minimum to 24”x36” maximum. Plans shall be folded to 9 x 12 inch size. When additional applications are concurrently being filed (e.g., grading permit, design review), submittal items need not be duplicated.
Additional Information and Materials that May be Required
Required to determine general plan conformance if subject parcels are located within a city's urban service area. Lot-line adjustment applications are not subject to annexation.
May be required for certain lot-line adjustment applications. A determination will be made during the mandatory pre-application process. An additional fee
is required. Additional information and environmental assessment forms
, including "Use of Prior CEQA Document," and "Petition for CEQA Exemption".
If the zoning designation's minimum lot size is based on slope-density, calculations by engineer or surveyor must be submitted when necessary to determine minimum lot size.
If subject parcel is under a Williamson Act contract, submit documentation verifying a commercial agricultural use.
- If any deed(s) includes an exception or more than one lot, parcel or description, the applicant must note on the deed which parcels, lots, descriptions or exceptions pertain to the lot-line adjustment.
- Each copy of the deed must include the entire deed, with no pages missing. The copies of the deeds must be clearly readable, with recording dates and numbers clearly shown.
- Professional assistance maybe required for deed research and document preparation.
Lot-Line Adjustment Pre-Application (Mandatory)
- 2 Site Plans
- 1 Assessor's Parcel Map
- 1 Current Grant Deed for Each Lot
- 1 General Plan Conformance and Contiguity/ Annexation Form (if applicable)
- 1 Slope-Density Calculation (if applicable)