The County is conducting Zoning Ordinance amendments across rural base zoning districts (Exclusive Agriculture, Agricultural Ranchlands, Hillsides, and Rural Residential).
The update consists of three main components:
- Simplifying and streamlining the permit process for agriculture supportive uses;
- Aligning development in agricultural areas with County policies; and
- Replacing “local-serving” provisions with objective development standards.
These amendments are intended to:
- Further the County’s policy goals for continued agricultural viability;
- Keep the rural areas rural by limiting non-compatible uses; and
- Remove “local-serving” provisions that are difficult to understand and implement.
Materials related to the proposed Rural Zoning Update:
Staff is conducting several virtual outreach meetings to present an overview of the County’s proposed direction and to solicit feedback from members of the public.
Rural Zoning Update Outreach Meeting #1
Monday, July 12, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Rural Zoning Update Outreach Meeting #2
Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Agricultural Stakeholder Meeting
Tuesday, July 27, 2021, at 6:00 PM
Combined Presentation Slides for Rural Zoning Updates and Coyote Valley
Chinese Language Stakeholder Meeting
Wednesday, August 11, 2021, at 1:00 pm
Community Center, County of Santa Clara Animal Services Building
12425 Monterey Road, San Martin, CA 95046
If you require disability accommodation and/or language
assistance for the public meetings, please reach out to Joanna Wilk at Joanna.Wilk@pln.sccgov.org 72
hours prior to the meeting so staff can make the appropriate arrangements.
Submit questions and comments to a County Staff member below:
To be added to the informational mailing list concerning this project, please fill out the form below: