The EMS Update training window is open from October 2, 2018 to February 5, 2019.
Please note that all providers are required to complete EMS Update training prior to 17:00 hrs on February 5, 2019. Anyone who does not complete the training prior to the deadline will be in violation of EMS Policy and will not be allowed to work within the Santa Clara County EMS System.
Below you will find all the components for the EMS Update:
Module 1 – Airway Management
Mandatory for Paramedics, optional for EMT's
- Video laryngoscopy
- Supraglottic airway devices (SADs)
Module 2 – High Performance CPR
Module 3 – New Protocols
- Continuous Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Traumatic Cardiac Arrest
- PowerPoint (material sent to EMS Program Managers)
- Hemorrhage Control
- IV Acetaminophen (Mandatory for Paramedics, optional for EMT's)
Module 4 – Preparedness
- MCI Plan (material sent to EMS Program Managers)
- Chempack (material sent to EMS Program Managers)
- Naloxone Administration by Law Enforcement (material sent to EMS Program Managers)
Module 5 – Policy Updates
Final rosters are due by 17:00 hrs. on February 5, 2018.