The federal government has recently enacted the Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Expanded Paid Family & Medical Leave Act (EPFMLA). These new Acts require certain employers to provide additional benefits to specific employees. The County of Santa Clara has immediately implemented these new guidelines, and in several cases, is exceeding the benefit levels outlined by the Department of Labor.
Please refer to the following information related to leaves, timekeeping, exempted classifications, frequently asked questions and more. This page will be updated regularly as additional details become available.
- See the Updated COVID-19 Guidance for Leaves & Timekeeping memo issued April 6, 2020 here.
- See the Health Care Provider and Emergency Responder Classifications Exempted from Expanded Paid Family & Medical Leave here.
- See the Department of Labor Family First Coronavirus Response Act announcement
- See the Expanded Family & Medical Leave Act Guidelines and Procedures memo issued on April 28, 2020
- See the UPDATED Expanded Family & Medical Leave Act Guidelines and Procedures memo issued on August 27, 2020
Please contact your Human Resources Liaison or your Employee Benefits Department Service Center for additional information.
Information Regarding Disaster Service Workers
The County of Santa Clara has authorized the use of employees as Disaster Service Workers (DSW) to fulfill assignments during the declared COVID-19 public health emergency. Please refer to the following documents for clarification on the roles of DSWs and how their use is authorized.
- See the County's Administrative Policy regarding Employee Disaster Service Workers here.
- See the Department Head Disaster Service Worker Frequently Asked Questions here.
- See the Employee Disaster Service Worker Frequently Asked Questions