County of Santa Clara - Office of the County Executive through its IPM Administration is committed to provide the following:
- Coordination: Establish a mechanism that effectively coordinates System Development in IPM focused on the Department IPM activities & setting priorities, facilitate cooperation with universities, public and private sector partners at the local, state, regional, and national level to meet County IPM ordinance objectives & achieve IPM implementation and Pesticide Use Reduction goals.
- Training & Implementation: Establish and conduct a process for identifying the IPM implementation needs of user Departments, provide support and resources necessary to design and conduct educational programs for interdisciplinary training on IPM, a coordinated program of research, technology development, and of education and information delivery to meet IPM implementation & Pesticide Use Reduction needs. Support demonstration research in pest control management in non-production agriculture, landscapes and structures.
- Evaluation and Accountability: Develop methods and conduct programs to accurately measure progress toward the goal and assess the economic, environmental, public health, and social impacts of IPM implementation.
- Communication: Increased visibility and acceptance of IPM through information dissemination; Implement a communication, information exchange program that involves IPM stakeholders and increases understanding of program objectives, progress, impacts, and benefits of IPM to the public and policy-makers through direct communication, print, internet and broadcast media.
- Preparing County of Santa Clara for Transformational Leadership-“ENDURING IPM” - IPM Implementation through
- IPM System Development & Project Automation
- Department IPM Implementation Plans
- Selecting Qualified IPM Vendors to Provide IPM Services
- Adopting Proven Reduced Risk Pest Management Alternatives
- Develop Relational Pesticide Information Data Base to
- Evaluate & Eliminate Hazardous Pesticides
- Provide “Approved List of Pesticides”
- Analyze Specific Pesticide Use for Overall Use Reduction
- Achieve Health & Welfare of Environment through
- User & Beneficiary IPM Awareness, Education & Training
- Minimizing or Eliminating Pesticide Exposure
- Pest Free Environment
- Pesticide Use Reduction
- Provide Financial Impact Studies & Quality Assurance through
- Record Keeping, Document & Data Control
- Qualitative & Quantitative Project Management
- Performance Management
WELCOME TO SANTA CLARA COUNTY IPM WEB!
County IPM Manager
Naresh Duggal, M.Sc., BCE (Board Certified Entomologist)
Telephone: 408.299.5159 Fax: 408.295.1613