New supervisors face a variety of responsibilities - navigating the challenges of their new role managing people, setting expectations with staff, embracing the mindset shift to management, and acting on County expectations of supervisors/managers. Through a series of e-Learning and instructor led classes, supervisors can quickly gain the knowledge and skills to become productive and respected supervisors.
Take advantage of these e-Learning classes specifically geared for new supervisors. Each class takes about one hour to complete.
- First Time Manager: Challenges
- First Time Manager: Meeting Expectations
- First Time Manager: Understanding a Manager’s Role
- An Introduction to Delegating
- Decision Making: Tools and Techniques
New Supervisor Orientation (NSO) - In this half day class you will:
- Get a high level overview of the County structure as it relates to supervisors
- Recognize the supervisor's roles & responsibilities
- Discuss the quandaries of new supervisors
- Orient supervisors to the resources available for managing staff
Transitioning from Peer to Supervisor - In this half day class you will:
- Address the common factors associated with the transition from peer to lead or supervisor role
- Learn to navigate the challenges of managing people
- Discuss success factors such as setting expectations with staff
also... Compliance Courses
To register for courses, go to sccLearn.
Enrollment in these courses is limited to Managers, Supervisors, CEMA represented employees and Confidential Administrative (formerly known as ACE-Admin) employees. Courses are not intended for Leads, interim or working out of class.