When reporting an emergency:
- Remain Calm
- Speak Clearly
- Provide your exact location and phone number
- Briefly describe the nature of the emergency
- Answer all questions
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so
- If there is a medical emergency, you will be given medical instructions that can help the patient
- Remember, 9-1-1 is free from a pay phone
If you accidentally dial 9-1-1...STAY ON THE LINE and tell the dispatcher what happened. Sheriff's Deputies treat unknown 9-1-1 calls as potential emergencies in progress requiring immediate response.
Please be sure that everyone in your home knows how to dial 9-1-1- to report an emergency and be sure all children know that they should not dial 9-1-1 as a joke.