Hot Weather and Heat-Related Illness
As we move into warmer weather season, the Office of Emergency Services would like to remind you that summer means more that hot dogs and baseball, it also means potential sunburns and other heat-related conditions.
Here are some things you can do to prevent heat-related illness
- Drink plenty of non-carbonated liquids. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and lots of sugar as they will speed up fluid loss.
- Stay in air-conditioned areas such as malls, libraries, and community centers.
- If you feel very hot, cool off by taking a cool bath or shower.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing so sweat can evaporate.
- NEVER leave anyone in closed, parked cars during hot weather.
Refer to information under RELATED LINKS.