The County of Santa Clara Office of Women’s Policy and the Domestic Violence Information and Resources Collaborative are coordinating a Family Empowerment Day. Dozens of representatives from County agencies and community based organizations will provide assistance and information on available resources and services for families whose lives are impacted by family violence.
· Assistance filing for a restraining order
· Help filing a claim for victim restitution
· Legal advice for divorce or child custody proceedings
· Free and confidential safety planning and legal advocacy
· Assistance with food, housing, clothing and enrollment in public benefits
· Free children’s health screenings and enrollment in Santa Clara Family Health Plan
· Additional resources include childcare, immigration, health screenings, healthcare enrollment and record clearance
County of Santa Clara Office of Women’s Policy
Domestic Violence Information and Resources Collaborative
Community Based Organizations
Santa Clara County Families
Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Mexican Heritage Plaza - 1700 Alum Rock Avenue, San Jose, CA
On a day-to-day basis, many families are impacted by family violence but find it difficult to reach out for support and help. The Family Empowerment Day will provide resources, information and assistance with applications for services to increase family safety and meet their needs. For more information, call (408) 299-5135 or email email@example.com.
About the Domestic Violence Information and Resources Collaborative:
The DVIR Collaborative currently includes the County of Santa Clara Office of Women’s Policy, the Superior Court, the Office of the District Attorney, the Sheriff’s Department, the Probation Department, South Bay Labor Council, the Domestic Violence Intervention Collaborative and over 50 service providers and agencies assisting victims of domestic violence.
DISCLAIMER: To protect participants’ confidentiality, media representatives are encouraged to promote and interview coordinators prior to the event.
Media Contact: Gwendolyn Mitchell/Marina Hinestrosa, Office of Public Affairs (408) 299-5119; Esther Peralez-Dieckmann/Cynthia Hunter, SCC Office of Women’s Policy (408) 299-5142/ (408) 504-3487.
Posted: April 16, 2014