SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIF— This weekend’s storms have further impacted County-maintained roads, causing more closures due to mudslides, flooding and downed trees and power lines. County of Santa Clara Road Maintenance crews are working to reopen roads in the Los Gatos/Santa Cruz Mountain areas, Los Gatos, Gilroy, Saratoga, and Cupertino. Emergency road closure information is now available at www.sccgov.org/roadclosures.
"Road closures from mudslides, flooding, and downed trees have a dramatic impact on our residents ability to get to work or drive their kids to school,” said Supervisor Mike Wasserman. "Providing a website to check for these emergency closures enables our residents to stay informed of the current status of these roads.”
Recent storms have caused damage to 25 County-maintained roads.
"County Road Maintenance crews work seven days a week during severe weather events to keep our roadways safe and passable," said Michael Murdter, Director of the County's Roads and Airports Department. “We ask that drivers be alert for road closure signs and for equipment and crews, especially for operations on narrow mountain roadways.”
County Road Maintenance crews and PG&E are currently working to reopen the following new road closures resulting from this weekend’s storm:
· Gilroy Hot Springs Road is closed from Coyote Reservoir Road to Canada Road due to a landslide. Melody Lane is closed a quarter mile from Old Santa Cruz Highway in Los Gatos due to a downed tree and powerlines.
· Foothill Avenue in Gilroy is closed from Rucker Avenue to Church Avenue due to a downed tree and power lines.
· Montebello Road in Cupertino has been reduced to one lane above Montebello Elementary School due to a landslide.
· Redwood Gulch Road in Saratoga is closed between Highway 9 and Stevens Canyon Road due to landslide.
· Old Santa Cruz Highway roadway in Los Gatos is closed at Oakmont Drive due to power pole and lines down.
· Black Road is closed above Gist Road due to landslide, with tree and power lines down.
· Bear Creek Road is closed at Highway 35 and Presentation due to landslide.
· Soda Springs Road closed above Alma Bridge Road due to landslide with tree and power lines down.
· Summit Road is closed at Mt. Charlie Road with tree and power lines down.
· Bloomfield Avenue is closed from Highway 152 to Frazier Lake Road due to flooding.
· Frazier Lake Road closed from Highway 152 to Bloomfield Avenue due to flooding.
· Alma Bridge Road closed north of Soda Springs Road due to a landslide.
· Stevens Canyon Road closed between CDF Fire House and Montebello Road due to landslide.
# # #
Posted: February 21, 2017