At budget hearings beginning Monday, the County of Santa Clara Board of Supervisors will review the County Executive Jeffrey V. Smith’s Recommended Budget for Fiscal Year 2015, which begins July 1, and by Friday, make final decisions about the funding priorities and levels for County services. The Recommended $4.9 billion budget includes all services, operations, capital improvements and reserves. The County Executive’s Recommended General Fund Budget is $2.57 billion, which covers all discretionary and many mandated services for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2014. In the Recommended Budget, the County Executive recommends the allocation of $34.3 million in available resources.
June 16, 17, 18, and 20, 2014
Board Chambers, County Government Center, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose
County of Santa Clara Board of Supervisors
County Executive Jeffrey V. Smith
BUDGET HEARING SCHEDULE
Monday, June 16, 2014 – 1:30 p.m.
· Budget Overview
· Health and Hospital: Public Health, Behavioral Health (formerly Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Services departments), Custody Health Services, Community Health Services, Valley Health Plan, Valley Medical Center including Health SB12 and Children’s Health Initiative
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 1:30 p.m.
· Finance and Government Operations: Special Programs and Reserves, Contingencies, Board of Supervisors, Clerk of the Board, County Executive’s Office and LAFCO, Assessor, Information Services Department, Facilities and Fleet, Capital Programs, Procurement, County Counsel, Registrar of Voters, County Communications, County Library District, Employee Services Agency, Finance Agency
· Children, Seniors and Families: Department of Child Support Services, In Home Supportive Services, Social Services Agency
Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 6:30 p.m. – only if the afternoon session was recessed to finish in an evening session
Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 1:30 p.m.
· Public Safety and Justice: Office of the District Attorney, Office of the Public Defender, Office of Pretrial Services, Criminal Justice System-wide Costs, Office of the Sheriff, Medical Examiner-Coroner, Department of Correction, Probation Department
· Housing, Land Use, Environment and Transportation: Planning and Development (including Office of Affordable Housing), Agriculture and Environmental Management, Parks and Recreation, Roads and Airports Department, County Fire Districts
Friday, June 20, 2014- 9:00 a.m.
· Summary and wrap up
County Executive’s FY 2015 Recommended Budget is located at www.sccgov.org under Hot Items
# # #