At budget workshops beginning Tuesday, the County of Santa Clara Board of Supervisors will review the County Executive Jeffrey V. Smith’s Recommended Budget for Fiscal Year 2015, which begins in July. The Recommended $4.9 billion budget includes all services, operations, capital improvements and reserves. The County Executive’s Recommended General Fund Budget is $2.57 billion, which covers all discretionary and many mandated services for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2014. In the Recommended Budget, the County Executive recommends the allocation of $34.3 million in available resources.
The budget workshops are the public’s early opportunity to engage and comment on the planned allocation of resources.
May 6, May 7, and May 8, 2014
Board Chambers, County Government Center, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose
County of Santa Clara Board of Supervisors
County Executive Jeffrey V. Smith
Board of Supervisors Budget Workshops
Board Chambers, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose
Tuesday, May 6, 2014 – 1:30 p.m.
· Budget Overview
· Children, Seniors and Families – Part 1: Department of Child Support Services, In Home Supportive Services
· Health and Hospital – Part 1: Custody Health Services, Behavioral Health Services, Public Health, Valley Health Plan
Tuesday, May 6, 2014 - 6:30 p.m.
· Children, Seniors and Families – Part 2: Social Services Agency
· Health and Hospital – Part 2: Community Health Services, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 - 1:30 p.m.
· Finance and Government Operations: Special Programs and Reserves, Appropriations and Contingencies, Board of Supervisors, Clerk of the Board, County Executive’s Office and LAFCO, Assessor, Procurement, County Counsel, Registrar of Voters, Information Services Department, County Communications, Facilities and Fleet, Capital Programs, County Library, Employee Services Agency, Finance Agency
Wednesday, May 7, 2014, 6:30 p.m. – only if the afternoon session was recessed to finish in an evening session
Thursday, May 8, 2014- 1:30 p.m.
· Public Safety and Justice: Public Safety Realignment (AB109) Program, Office of the District Attorney, Office of the Public Defender, Office of Pretrial Services, Criminal Justice System-wide Costs, Office of the Sheriff, Medical Examiner-Coroner, Department of Correction, Probation Department
· Housing, Land Use, Environment and Transportation: Planning and Development, Agriculture and Environmental Management, Environmental Health Department, Vector Control District, Parks and Recreation, and Roads and Airports Department, County Fire Department, Los Altos Hills Fire District, South Santa Clara County Fire District
Budget hearing meetings to make final decisions on the FY 2015 Budget will take place June 16-20, 2014.
County Executive’s FY 2015 Recommended Budget is located at www.sccgov.org under Hot Items
# # #