SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIF. -- Most Santa Clara County Clerk-Recorder’s Office services can be conveniently accessed from your home or anywhere in the world using the Office’s Remote Services. Beginning next week, the Clerk Recorder’s Office will offer three ways to access services, including pre-scheduled in-person appointments, online services, and drop-off/mail-in services.
The Clerk Recorder’s Office has been providing online and drop-off/mail-in services to Santa Clara County residents since the onset of the pandemic. As the Clerk Recorder’s Office begins reopening to the public, it is adding in-person services by appointment only starting June 28.
“We encourage the public to continue using online services whenever it’s possible and convenient,” said Gina Alcomendras, Santa Clara County Clerk-Recorder. “As we reopen the Clerk-Recorder’s Office to the public next week, we are starting with pre-scheduled appointments to ensure a smooth transition back to in-person services.”
Visit www.clerkrecorder.org to pre-schedule appointments for in-person visits and access online services.
- Birth, Death and Marriage Certified Copies: Birth, death and marriage records can be requested through the mail, drop box, or online through the VitalChek service. A completed sworn statement (in addition to a notary acknowledgment) is required. Completed requests will be sent through the US mail within four to six weeks.
Vital Records copy request forms
- Marriage License & Ceremony Services: Services are only available if either one or both of the parties reside in Santa Clara County and both parties must be within California.
Marriage License forms and information
For general questions, email email@example.com or call 408-299-5688.
- Real Estate Recording: Documents sent through the mail and received through our drop box will be reviewed and recorded within 10 business days, if they meet all recording requirements. The original will be mailed out within six to eight weeks.
For general questions about recording documents and fees, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers can book appointments on the website at www.clerkrecorder.org or contact the call center at 408-299-5688, for the following:
- Vital Copies (Birth, Death and Marriage certificates) and Recording Real Estate Documents (By Appointment Only)
- Filing Fictitious Business Names, CEQA, Notary Oaths/Official Records Copies, call 408-299-1558 or email at email@example.com
To protect the health and safety of our staff and customers, masks must be worn by all members of the public in all County facilities, regardless of vaccination status.
For more information, contact the Clerk Recorder’s Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 408-299-5688, or visit our website at www.clerkrecorder.org
# # #
ABOUT THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA
The County of Santa Clara government serves a diverse, multi-cultural population of 1.9 million residents in Santa Clara County, California, making it more populous than 14 states in the U.S. The County provides essential services to its residents, including public health protection, environmental stewardship, medical services through the County of Santa Clara Health System, child and adult protection services, homelessness prevention and solutions, roads, park services, libraries, emergency response to disasters, protection of minority communities and those under threat, access to a fair criminal justice system, and many other public benefits.
Visit the County of Santa Clara at: https://www.sccgov.org
Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/County.of.Santa.Clara/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sccgov
Media Contact: María Leticia Gómez/Laurel Anderson, (408) 299-5119, email@example.com
Posted: June 25, 2021