SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIF. – An Almaden Expressway Improvement Project that is expected to last approximately nine months will begin soon. The project will provide exit lanes for both northbound and southbound directions on Almaden Expressway between Branham Lane and Blossom Hill Road. Work will also include:
- modification of intersections;
- sidewalk construction;
- sound wall construction;
- shoulder for bicycle riders;
- widening on Blossom Hill Road;
- an additional lane on Almaden Plaza Way;
- a left-turn lane from Best Buy driveway; and
- a right-turn lane from northbound Almaden Expressway onto Chynoweth Avenue.
The project is anticipated to start in the vicinity of the Almaden Expressway and Blossom Hill Road intersection during the week of September 12. Traffic delays are expected during the following construction hours:
- Weekdays: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Weekends: Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Nights: 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
“To the extent possible, the public is advised to avoid this section of the expressway during active construction hours,” said Dan Collen, Roads and Airports Deputy Director. “We know it will be difficult and we want motorists to know in advance that we appreciate their patience.”
To view the real-time congestion map and Almaden Expressway construction updates, go to: www.countyroads.org. Residents and business owners, who wish to receive construction updates directly, may send an e-mail to: Comments@AlmadenExpressway.info, and ask to be added to the confidential distribution list.
Media Contact: Gwendolyn Mitchell/Lingxia Meng, Office of Public Affairs, (408) 299-5119; Dan Collen (408) 573-2492; Roy Cabaltera (408) 573-2484
Posted: September 8, 2011