The County of Santa Clara is a $6.5 billion organization that provides a wide range of services to residents. Chances are that on any given day, you or someone you know use or benefits from County programs, services, or amenities. We are proud and honored to serve our residents.
County activities include:
- Controlling the spread of communicable disease;
- Keeping our communities safe from crime;
- Providing “safety net” services for vulnerable children and families:
- Providing health insurance for uninsured children and medical services regardless of patient insurance status;
- Maintaining County parks, roads and expressways; and
- Protecting seniors from abuse.
We encourage you to learn what we do. We are committed to offering opportunities, programs and resources to better assist individuals that live, work and visit Santa Clara County.
ABOUT THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
- Learn more about 2016 and 2017 departmental programs and services
The County of Santa Clara government serves a diverse, multi-cultural population of 1.9 million residents in Santa Clara County, the fifth largest county in California. With a $6.5 billion budget and more than 70 agencies/departments and more than 18,000 employees, the County of Santa Clara plans for the needs of a dynamic community, provides quality services, and promotes a healthy, safe and prosperous community for all. The County provides essential services including public health protection, environmental protection, medical services through Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC), child and adult protection services, homelessness prevention and treatment, roads, park services, libraries, emergency response to disasters, protection of minority communities and those under threat, access to a fair criminal justice system, and scores of other services, particularly for those members of our community in the greatest need.
Visit us at: https://www.sccgov.org