Join us and become a champion of AlertSCC.com
, the countywide emergency notification system.
As you know, there is a high likelihood that our area will continue to experience natural disasters, such as earthquakes, floods, and wildfires. We also have public health exposures such as West Nile Virus and pandemic flu. Globally, the frequency and intensity of these types of events seem to be increasing. We don’t want to spread fear. We know that our ability to meet these occurrences will depend, in large measure, on getting the word out about what steps to take. AlertSCC will provide notices to the public of impending disasters, when known, and tell recipients the steps to take to be safe, such as evacuate, shelter in place, or go to the nearest temporary shelter. To ensure that county residents receive timely notices, they need to register their contact information, especially their mobile devices.
Research shows that people are more likely to take action when they are asked to do so by those they trust. That is the basis for the “I Love You. Please Sign Up.” public awareness campaign currently underway.How can you help?
You can help by signing up at AlertSCC.com
, and while there, take a few minutes to:
- Upload a photo of yourself and send personalized invitations to people in your network to sign up as well.
- Click on the FaceBook link at AlertSCC.com and share the information on your FaceBook Page.
- Become a Fan of the AlertSCC FaceBook page by clicking on the “Like” button when you are on the page. Also, click the “Suggest to Friends” button and distribute to your FaceBook network.
- Link the Youtube AlertSCC channel to your web site so visitors can view the AlertSCC videos.
As an AlertSCC Champion, you also can:
- Send out one or more of the specially designed colorful AlertSCC e-mails to those in your e-mail network, which can be personalized and pasted into your e-mails;
- Include information in your newsletters on a recurring basis; and
- Distribute AlertSCC informational materials at your events.
Find all the resources you need in the online AlertSCC E-Toolkit below. Working together, we can ensure that those who live and work in Santa Clara County are aware of AlertSCC and that they know how important it is to take the time to register for information during disasters. Can we count on you?
Add the following ALERTSCC LINKS to your web site (copy and paste the code snippets into your webpage):
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.alertscc.com"><img src="http://www.alertscc.com/img/alertscc.jpg" alt="AlertSCC Website" title="AlertSCC Website" border="0"></a>
AlertSCC on Facebook
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Santa-Clara-County-CA/AlertSCC-Santa-Clara-County-Emergency-Alert-System/111399222219759"><img src="http://www.alertscc.com/img/Facebook-48.png" alt="AlertSCC Facebook" title="AlertSCC Facebook" border="0"></a>
AlertSCC on YouTube
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/alertscc"><img src="http://www.alertscc.com/img/Youtube-48.png" alt="AlertSCC YouTube" title="AlertSCC YouTube" border="0"></a>
Create your own AlertSCC Personalized Photo Message and invite people in your network, your family, and friends to sign up for AlertSCC.
Go to www.AlertSCC.com and click on the Create Your Own Photo Message Link.