Small Outdoor Ceremonies and Religious Gatherings Requirements
The Santa Clara County Public Health order was updated on June 5, 2020 allowing small outdoor ceremonies and religious gatherings. To make a reservation as a small ceremony or religious gathering, a group must meet the Public Health order description of a group, and meet the nine (9) Public Health Order conditions listed below. Additionally no more than 50% of reserved site’s capacity, not to exceed 60 persons may be present at any one time. Staggered attendance may be permitted, at no more than 50% of sites capacity, not to exceed 60 people in attendance at any given time. If you are interested in having a gathering at a Santa Clara County Park a special event permit and standard fees are required. To make a reservation call the reservations office Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm except holidays at Phone: (408) 355-2201. Visit here for the full list of requirements.
A Park Use Permit is required for conducting any of the following in a Santa Clara County Park:
- Special Events: Includes any organized activity or event coordinated by a formal organized group which will be advertised or noticed in any publication, poster or flyer; or requests or requires a fee be paid for participation; and/or may be attended by 20 or more people
- Ongoing Activities or Programs
- Activities / Programs outside of established County Parks standards: Examples include: afterhours use of a park facility, off-trail use, camping in a non-designated area, etc.
- Sales of Any Services or Products: Includes all commercial use of the parks (concessionaires/vendors)
- Filming Sessions
- Commercial Photography
- Drone Use/Operation
- Metal Detection
- Specimen Collection
Please submit a completed Park Permit Application to request a permit for conducting any of the above in a County Park.
Completed applications can be faxed to (408) 355-2290, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed or dropped off to the Parks Administration office located at 298 Garden Hill Drive, Los Gatos, CA 95032.
The submittal of a Park Use Permit Application is a request for a Park Use Permit for your event or activity only and does not constitute a permit or approval for your event or activity.
Upon approval of your application, permit requirements must be completed in order to proceed with the event or activity.
Applications may be submitted 1 year prior to event/activity date. Permit application are processed in the order they are received. Standard review and processing time is 4-6 weeks to receive a final decision on an application.
For further information regarding permits, please review:
- Park Permit Conditions: These general conditions apply to all permits issued.
- There may be additional conditions that apply to Special Event Permits, Concessionaire Permits and Annual/Special Use Permits. Our permit staff would notify you of additional addendum items once the permit is approved.
- Insurance Requirements: Proof of insurance is required for all Special Event and Concessionaire Permits. Insurance may be required for Annual, Special Use and Filming Permits. Please review this information for the exact requirements.
Permits are also required for the following:
- Animal Pulled Carts
- Metal Detecting
- RC Boating
- Specimen Collection
- Commercial Photography: Black and white or color photography that is performed for profit or may be sold for profit at a later date.
Call (408) 355-2201 or email email@example.com to obtain an Animal Pulled Cart, Metal Detecting, RC Boating, Specimen Collection, or Photography Permit.
For information regarding fees and any other questions please contact the Permits & Reservations Division at (408) 355-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org