Family campsites are available in 5 parks – see list below for details.
- For more information or a park map click on the park name.
- Fee is $30/night per site with the exception of the walk-in sites at Sanborn which are $15/night per site. Fees are subject to change.
- RV's are allowed with the exception of the walk-in sites at Sanborn.
- All parks have drinking water, restrooms, and shower facilities available.
- Parking space size varies; call the parks directly for specific information.
- RV campsites with water and electrical hook-ups are available at Coyote Lake, Mount Madonna and Sanborn Parks.
Rules and Regulations
|Coyote Lake Park
||Campground / 74
||RV sites with water and electric hookups available
|Joseph D. Grant
||Halls Valley - 22
||Observe posted fire restrictions for campfires and BBQ's
|Snell - 18
||Observe posted fire restrictions for campfires and BBQ's|
Closed November - March
||Valley View #1 / 33
|| RV sites with water and electric hookups available
|Valley View #2 / 21
|Valley View #3 / 25
|Tan Oak / 21
||Walk-in Campground / 33
Gates closed at sunset, no re-entry after gates close
Closed 3rd weekend of October through 3rd weekend of March
RV sites with water and electric hookups available
||Campground / 25
|| Gates closed 1/2 hour after sunset
Reserve your family campsite today!
- Smoking is prohibited in all county parks.
- Swimming is not allowed in any Santa Clara County Park.
- Each customer may reserve a MAXIMUM of 2 camp sites for/on any date/s.
- Each individual family campsite is limited to no more than 8 people except 6 for walk in sites at Sanborn. Individual family campsite fees include 2 vehicles at your site (or in the parking area at Sanborn).
- Dogs/Pets are allowed in all campgrounds. There is a maximum of 2 dogs/pets per site. Dogs/Pets must be on a leash no more than 6 feet long and under the owners control at all times and must be confined to tents or vehicles at night.
- Tent camping at Sanborn Park is for the walk-in area only. No tents are allowed in the RV area.
- RV's are permitted at Mt. Madonna, Uvas Canyon, Coyote Lake, Grant and Sanborn Parks. VEHICLE LENGTH RESTRICTIONS APPLY, please inquire.
- All Camping Customers must check in at entrance upon arrival. The earliest Check-in on day of arrival is 3:00 pm and latest Check-out time on day of departure is 1:00 pm.
- Parks are open from 8:00 am to sunset. The entrance gates at Grant, Sanborn and Uvas Canyon County Parks are locked at sunset. If you are camping, you must arrive before sunset. At Uvas Canyon Park, you may leave the park after sunset, however arrival and/or re-entry into the park is not possible. At Grant and Sanborn you may be able to make arrangements to enter after sunset by calling the park prior to your arrival date. Late arrivals at Coyote Lake and Mt. Madonna need to arrive before 10:00 pm (the start of quiet hours). Parks are closed to non-campers from sunset to 8:00 am.
- Every improved campsite comes with a picnic table/s and BBQ pit or fire ring. No Fires are permitted on the ground. No wood gathering is permitted. Fires in BBQ pits must be kept beneath the grate. Please allow fires in BBQ pits and rings to burn out (water will damage the grill and pit). Open fires and the use of charcoal briquettes may be restricted or prohibited due to fire danger levels during the summer season. You may wish to have an alternate method of cooking available. Camp stoves and similar devices with a controlled enclosed flame would be allowed. Please read all posted signs upon check in. Some parks may have wood bundles for purchase. Call the park prior to arrival to check if wood is currently available.
- Many camp sites have food lockers and there is a water faucet every 3-5 sites.
- Shower facilities are available at each camping park. These are on timers and are free.
- Radios, playing of instruments and other loud noises are not permitted during quiet hours (10:00 pm to 7:00 am)
- Responsibility of general setup and cleanup of the premises shall be the responsibility of the customer. Buildings and grounds shall be left free of debris and other refuse pertaining to said use. Any clean-up necessary after an event will be charged to the customer at a rate of $80 per staff person, per hour. Clean-up includes placing all chairs and tables back into designated area after event, cleaning kitchen area, including stove and refrigerator, removing all decorations and equipment.
- Minors are not eligible to reserve a facility or camp overnight unless accompanied by a responsible adult. Written proof of age may be required. Groups comprised predominantly of participants under the age of 18 must be chaperoned at a ratio of 1 adult to 10 minors.