It’s inexpensive and its fun and best of all you don’t have to sweep the floor when you’re done. 22 of Santa Clara County Parks offer gorgeous and secluded picnic areas from the southern tip of San Francisco Bay to the top of Mount Madonna. Planning a big party? Need some elbow room? We have reservable group picnic areas for you in 14 of our County parks. First-Come-First-Served Picnic Sites
Picnic tables (outside of the designated reservable Group Picnic Sites) are available on a first-come, first-served basis at most parks.
- A responsible adult (with picnic items) must be present in order to hold a picnic table. A maximum of 3 tables may be held at one time.
Group Picnic Sites
- Reservations of a designated reservable Group Picnic Site are required for groups larger than thirty people.
Reservable group picnic areas are available for you in 14 of our County parks – see list below for details.
- For more information or a park map click on the park name in related links below.
- Click on the link for the picnic site to view a photo.
- All fees are per day and subject to change.
- Group Picnic sites are limited to a MAXIMUM of 1 site per customer for/on any date/s. Check with the Reservations Office if you are interested in reserving more than 1 picnic site, there are some picnic sites at limited locations that are able to be reserved together.
View here for information on fees.
Weddings in the Park
Weddings and/or Receptions are distinctive events at Santa Clara County Parks. Please do not book your wedding reservation online.
Weddings/Receptions have additional procedures, paperwork, fees and include special amenities that are not available with a regular group reservation. We want your special day to be perfect! To ensure that everything runs smoothly, please call the reservations office at (408) 355-2201 to make your reservation.
Youth Group Picnics
Youth groups are eligible for a 50% discount off any group picnic site on weekdays, Monday through Friday. Youth groups must be non-profit or not-for-profit with a ratio of 1 adult per 10 minors. Groups must provide their mission statement and tax ID number in writing to receive this discount. Call (408) 355-2201 to make a reservation for a youth group and receive this discount.
Rules and Regulations
- Smoking is prohibited in all county parks.
- Swimming is not allowed in any Santa Clara County Park.
- Each customer may reserve a MAXIMUM of 1 picnic site for/on any date/s. Check with the Reservations Office if you need additional accommodations, there are some picnic sites at limited locations that are able to be reserved together.
- If you plan on having music playing at your event, it must be licensed by ASCAP, there is a searchable link here. If you are interested in playing music beyond music listed on this link, please contact our reservations office at 408-355-2201 and a reservations agent will give you detailed information about obtaining a permit from other music licensing agencies.
- If you have any special requests or activities planned including but not limited to i.e. jump house, amplified sound (where allowed), use of generator, prepaid vehicle entry tickets; you will need to contact the Reservation Office at (408) 355-2201. A Reservations Agent will provide you with Addendum Applications and Approved Vendor list if needed. There is an additional fee for permitting a jump house or other interactive amusement device. Only 1 device is allowed per reservable area. All applications must be submitted to administration office NO LESS THAN 7 DAYS (more than 5 BUSINESS DAYS) PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT. We adhere to a strict NO EXCECPTIONS POLICY. If your paperwork is not received on time your request will be denied.
- Responsibility of general setup and cleanup of the premises shall be the responsibility of the customer. Buildings and grounds shall be left free of debris and other refuse pertaining to said use. Any clean-up necessary after an event will be charged to the customer at a rate of $80 per staff person, per hour. Clean-up includes placing all chairs and tables back into designated area after event, cleaning kitchen area, including stove and refrigerator, removing all decorations and equipment.
- Day use only, see park page for park hours.
- There is a vehicle entry fee collected at most day use parks.
- Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis only. Parking stalls cannot be saved. Reservations at group areas do not include reserved parking.
- Pre-paid parking is available for all reservations for $6.00 per ticket with a $12.00 processing fee. Customers may purchase tickets up to a MAXIMUM of 1/2 (half) the sites capacity.
- Do not drive into picnic areas or onto lawns, paths, or landscaping.
- Twenty minutes is the maximum time allowed for parking in the yellow zone for unloading and loading of picnic supplies.
- Post directional signs in designated areas only. Signs are removed daily.
- Wood fires are not permitted in the Large BBQ grills at the reserved picnic sites in all parks. Allow fires in barbecue pits to burn out. Water will damage the grill and pit.
- Glitter,mylar confetti and water balloons are not allowed.
- Staples, tacks, or nails are not to be used on the picnic tables, park signs, wood structures or trees.
Reservations at the Sequoia/Peterson Grove in Sanborn Park may be subject to music restrictions from mid-summer through September. Amplified music will have to be discontinued at 6:30 pm to accommodate performances by the Shady Shakespeare Theatre Company on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at the adjacent Outdoor Stage. Reservations at the Amphitheater and adjoining picnic area in Mt Madonna Park must vacate by 6:30 pm on Friday and Saturday evenings during the summer months to accommodate prescheduled programs.Reserve your group picnic site today!