Congratulations on your upcoming big day! One of our many great parks would make an excellent venue for your wedding ceremony and/or reception!
Your wedding ceremony and reception is a special event at Santa Clara County Parks. Weddings and receptions have additional procedures, paperwork, fees and include special amenities that are not available with a regular group reservation. We want your special day to be perfect! To ensure that everything runs smoothly, please call the reservations office at (408) 355-2201 to make your reservation, up to 1 year in advance.
Please Note: Weddings and Receptions at the Sequoia Peterson Grove in Sanborn Park are subject to music restrictions from mid-summer through the end of September. Amplified music will have to be discontinued at 6:30 pm to accommodate performances by the Silicon Valley Shakespeare Theatre Company on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at the adjacent Outdoor Stage. Please contact the Reservations Department at 408-355-2201 to get exact dates of music restrictions. For more information about Silicon Valley Shakespeare, visit their website at www.svshakespeare.org
.Locations, Cost, and Hours:
- Group Areas at Our Parks: A wedding ceremony and/or reception can be held at any of our reservable group areas within all of our Santa Clara County Parks. The site capacities vary and can accommodate events with up to 300 guests. Prices vary and run up to $495.00 for standard reservable group areas. Events at these locations can be held any time between 8:00 am and sunset. *Some locations have seasonal events that require hours of availability to vary.
- Group sites are limited to a MAXIMUM of 1 site per customer for/on any date/s. Check with the Reservations Office if you are interested in reserving more than 1 picnic site, there are some picnic sites at limited locations that are able to be reserved together.
- $120 Wedding Fee: The wedding fee includes a 1 day photography permit, a 1 day rehearsal Monday through Thursday, a one-on-one meeting with a ranger, and the option to book up to 1 year in advance to the date.
- Vehicle Entrance Fee: There is a $6 per vehicle entrance fee at most parks. Pre-paid tickets are available and recommended, you may purchase up to 1 week prior to your event. An additional $12 processing fee would be applied to all pre-paid ticket orders.
: Group areas may be used for wedding rehearsals Monday through Thursday at no charge (holidays are excluded and vehicle entrance fees apply). Rehearsals scheduled on any holiday or on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be charged the regular group area reservation fee. The appropriate reservation fee will also be charged for a rehearsal lunch/dinner held at any group picnic site regardless of the day of the week.Pre-paid Entrance Tickets
: Parks will not take a tally at the entrance station and cannot bill you after your event. You may purchase pre-paid tickets and it is recommended to do so up to 1 full week, which is more than 5 business days, in advance of your event. The tickets are non-refundable and good only for your event at the particular park. The cost is $6 per ticket plus a $12 processing fee for the entire batch of tickets you order. You may order a maxmum of up to 1/2 of a site’s capacity for the total number of pre-paid tickets. You must have some method for getting the tickets to your guests before they arrive at the park (mail to RSVP list) or a group representative may hand out tickets at the entrance station. Contact a Reservation Representative to place your order.Photography Permits
: The Photography Permit is included in the wedding fee at no additional charge. Still photography or videotaping is permitted. No additional forms are required.Additional Requests
: Any additional requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your event.Rules and Regulations
- Music: Amplified sound (iPod, CD player, DJ) is allowed at specific sites in some parks. Live amplified music (band) is allowed at the Sequoia/Peterson Grove at Sanborn Park only. Amplified sound is always subject to approval, with a permit required. An addendum application must be submitted no less than 3 business days prior to your event. There is no additional fee for this permit. All music that is played must be copyrighted through ASCAP. Their song list is found here. If you would like to play music outside of this list, you will need to provide a proof of permit to play music from other music copyright agencies. Our reservationist specialists can help you with this. Contact Reservations at (408) 355-2201.
- Food: We are very flexible with food choices for your event. Caterers, Taco Carts and Food Trucks are allowed within all of our parks. Please note, they are required to pay the $6 vehicle entry fee and must remain on designated roadways.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is permitted to be served at all of our parks. Alcohol may not be consumed in parking lots or on the trails and should be kept within the bounds of your reservable site. The sale of alcohol is prohibited without a license/permit issued by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- Decorations: Decorations may be used but are not to be stapled, nailed or glued to park property. Decorations should be tied, taped, stapled to itself or free standing. Candles (open flames) are generally not allowed due to the fire hazard. Candles as part of the wedding ceremony may be allowed by individual request with Senior Park Ranger approval.
- Fire Restrictions: Open fires and the use of charcoal briquettes may be restricted or prohibited due to hot, dry weather conditions that occasionally occur during the summer season. The California Division of Forestry may initiate such restrictions (known as a Red Flag Alert). The criteria for such an alert are checked daily. If your reception includes the use of a BBQ, you may wish to have an alternate method of cooking available. Camp stoves and similar devices with a controlled enclosed flame would be allowed. These restrictions do not apply to parks that have irrigated lawn areas such as Vasona Lake, Los Gatos Creek, Hellyer and Ed R. Levin.
*Please Note: Weddings and Receptions at the Sequoia/Peterson Grove in Sanborn Park may be subject to music restrictions from the second week in August through the third week in September. Amplified music will have to be discontinued at 6:30 pm to accommodate performances by the Shady Shakespeare Theatre Company on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at the adjacent Outdoor Stage.
Make a reservation for your wedding today!
Call our Reservations Office for booking and more information at (408) 355-2201. Our Reservation Office is open Monday throug Friday from 8:30am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm. We are closed from 12:00pm to 1:00pm for lunch.
If you made a reservation online, you must call the reservations office at (408) 355-2201 to convert the booking from a standard picnic reservation to a wedding reservation.