Due to the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and in support of the guidance and recommendations from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department the Santa Clara County Parks Department will be authorizing full refunds and waiver of cancellation and transfer fees for those who would like to cancel or change their reservations for the month of March 2020.
March 13, 2020
- The Santa Clara County Public Health Department issued a mandatory order prohibiting public or private gatherings of more than 100 people. This order will take effect at 12:00 a.m. on March 14, 2020 and will remain in place for at least three weeks. Public Health is also banning gatherings of 35 to 100 people unless certain conditions are met to reduce the likelihood of transmission at those events. Please see press release here
The Santa Clara County Parks Department supports the recommendations of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department and local authorities and would like to ensure that all our customers and members of the public are aware of the recommendations.
If you are unable to avoid large gatherings or choose to continue with your scheduled reservation the following is recommended for the safety and wellbeing of your family, friends, attendees and the public:
- Urge anyone who is sick to not attend.
- Encourage those who are at higher risk for serious illness to not attend.
- Try to find ways to give people more physical space so that they aren’t in close contact as much as possible.
- Encourage attendees to follow increased hygiene, such as:
- Washing their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used in a pinch
- Avoid close contact with other people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Covering their cough or sneeze with a tissue - if available - or into their elbow
- Clean surfaces with standard cleaners.
Additional information regarding recommendations and guidelines can be found in the recent press release dated March 6, 2020 from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department is available here
Please contact our Reservations and Permits department to cancel or change your reservation or event by calling (408) 355-2201 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.