Create and share the art that inspires you to explore your County Parks
Let your imagination run wild as you draw your favorite park activity, your dream ultimate playground or your hidden spot to guess at cloud formations. Express yourself with colors, style and creativity, and most of all, have FUN. Let’s celebrate Earth Day by showing the awesomeness of the outdoors!
Artwork will be featured on our social media and parkhere.org, and every participant will receive a small thank you gift. In addition, winners from each age group and category will have their artwork featured on posters throughout Santa Clara County Parks and receive a grand prize (sixteen prizes total).
Four “Celebrating Earth Day” categories in each of the four school grade groups: K-2 • 3-5 • 6-8 • 9-12
- Enjoying a Santa Clara County Park
examples: hiking, biking, picnicking, camping
- Protecting a Santa Clara County Park
examples: keeping pets on leash, staying on trail
- Volunteering at a Santa Clara County Park
examples: picking up trash, planting native plants
- Keeping Wildlife Wild
examples: don’t feed wildlife, take only photographs
Your original artwork must be submitted by Tues, April 20.
- Each person may submit up to four (4) pieces of artwork
- Artwork can be any medium - crayon, pencil, pens, watercolor, charcoal, digital, etc.
- Artwork must be 8.5” x 11” format (landscape or portrait)
- Include first name and age on artwork in lower right-hand corner
- Submit original artwork under the appropriate category and school grade level
- Fill out the submission form in full
- Submit artwork and submission form online or print and mail (postmarked) by 11:59pm PST April 20, 2021
- Winners will be notified via email by April 30, 2021
- All prizes will be mailed out by May 30, 2021 (restricted to the contiguous United States)
- To submit artwork online, please fill out the SURVEY MONKEY SUBMISSION FORM and attach artwork
- To submit artwork by mail, please print and fill out the SUBMISSION FORM, and mail with artwork to:
Santa Clara County Parks
Earth Day Youth Art Contest
298 Garden Hill Drive
Los Gatos, CA 95032
By entering the contest, you accept and agree to all rules, terms, and conditions. Artwork submitted may be used for any and all purposes anywhere and in perpetuity at no compensation. Winning and non-winning photo submissions may be used in Santa Clara County Parks social media channels, website and other park publications. The contest is open to participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation; prizes will be restricted to the contiguous United States. Employees of Santa Clara County Parks are not eligible to participate.
Original artwork must be uploaded or postmarked by 11:59 pm PST, April 20, 2021.
Questions? Please email email@example.com