The Board of Supervisors established the Historic Grant Program (HGP) in 2018 with the purpose of celebrating history in Santa Clara county with a preference for Projects that acknowledge and celebrate untold stories and/or underrepresented/disadvantaged communities.
This can include, but is not limited to, the history of women, Asian Americans, African Americans, Hispanics, Italian Americans, Native Americans, LGBTQ, viticulture/viticultural communities, agriculture/ agricultural communities, individual communities, technology, and politics and government.
Available Grant Funds
$5 million dollars in matching funds is available for FY2019, with $1 million allocated to each of the five Supervisorial Districts in Santa Clara county.
THREE-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
- Applicant Eligibility – ELIGIBILITY PERIOD IS CLOSED
Public entities and non-profit organizations (e.g. 501(c)(3) corporations) are eligible to apply for grant funds for Projects located within the geographic limits of Santa Clara county. Attendance at one of the five (5) offered technical workshops was mandatory for applicant eligibility.
- Project Eligibility – REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS CLOSED
Eligible Applicants that attended a Technical Workshop, must submit a project registration in order to receive the Application Submission link. Each application requires a separate Application Submission link, so each project must be registered separately. The Registration Template has been provided to Technical Workshop attendees. Registrations from ineligible applicants will not be accepted.
- Applications - DUE AUGUST 28TH, 2019
**DocuSign links for all registered projects were emailed to the Day-to-Day contacts on 8/16/19.
Each project team, as listed on the project registration, will receive an Application Submission link by email. Applications must be uploaded and signed using the Application Submission link that will be sent via DocuSign. This is the only way to apply. Applications from ineligible applicants will not be accepted.
UPDATES: The following is a list of HGP Program Updates that were emailed to all eligible applicants:
- Update #1, released 5/29/19 – 5 pages of program clarifications and FAQs (replaced by Update #2).
- Update #2, released 6/21/19 – 7 pages of program clarifications and FAQs & the REVISED HGP Procedural Guide dated 6/4/19.
- Update #3, released 6/28/19 – registration and application deadline extensions only.
- Update #4, released 8/2/19 - application tips and DocuSign instructions.