Thank you to all our park visitors that participated in the 2011-2011 surveys of County Park trails. Results of the Calero County Park Trail User Survey
, completed in January 2011 and the County Park Trail Users Survey
, completed in February 2011, are available for downloading and viewing. While most of the comments received were positive and our visitors enjoy their time in County Parks, the comments received help us identify areas where we need to work harder. These results will also be used to inform the trails mastering planning process for Calero County Park as we go forward with the project.
Trails Master Plan Purpose:
According to the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation System’s Strategic Plan, the purpose of a park-specific Trails Master Plan is “to identify opportunities to increase multiple-use trails and to ensure consistency with the Countywide Trails Master Plan and Strategic Plan.” With this direction, the Calero County Park Trails Master Plan will explore opportunities to expand sustainable trail use throughout the park, consider trail alignments to connect to regional trails, and plan for new trails in the portions of the park not yet open to the public.
Master Plan Process:
- Completion of a Trails Master Plan Program Development Report
- Development of Trails Master Plan Alternatives, based on the information compiled in the Program Development Report
- Public engagement to provide input into the Trails Plan Alternatives and to further refine Trails Master Plan goals and objectives
- Selection and refinement of a Preferred Alternative which best meets project’s goals and objectives
- Development of a Draft Trails Master Plan for public review and comment
- Completion and adoption of a final Trails Master Plan, including an accompanying environmental analysis to comply with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)