Thank you for your interest in completing your project with Santa Clara County Parks! As a community organization, we are committed to supporting youth and their contributions to the community. We are prepared to help youth learn the skills of project management and taking responsibility for a significant accomplishment.
You Can Apply for these Projects HERE
EAGLE SCOUT CANDIDATE:
The Eagle Scout service project belongs to the Eagle Scout candidate. His parents and others may help, but the Scout must be the leader.
- Submit request to volunteer office of possible Eagle Scout projects
- Interview with park lead – go over “navigating the eagle scout service project”
- Prepare a project plan proposal (an overview and beginning process of planning)
- Notify park lead and volunteer program that project has been approved by BSA council
- Once project has been approved work with site lead to develop a plan for implementing project
- Have plan approved by site lead before work begins
- Fundraise for materials if required for project
- Set up schedule with park lead to accomplish project
- Once project has been carried out, request approval from park lead
- Fundraising for materials if requested by park lead
- Yard sign to place at work site during project
NOTE: County Parks no longer allows Eagle Scout Project plaques to be placed at project location.
If the park of your choice is not listed and you would like to propose a project you can apply HERE.
For questions please contact the volunteer office: email@example.com or call (408) 918‑4930.
Please note requests cannot be considered less than 4 weeks in advance. You will have the best success if you make your request at least 8 weeks in advance and ideally at least 12-16 weeks in advance before having to present to the council. We will do the best we can to accommodate your request, however please note that not all requests will be granted.