Effective immediately, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection CAL FIRE Santa Clara Unit has BANNED all outdoor burning due to extreme fire conditions.
Effective immediately, the following restrictions will be in effect:
- No open fires, campfires or charcoal fires will be permitted.
- Lanterns and portable stoves using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel and propane or gas fire pits will be permitted.
- Visitors to campgrounds must clear all flammable material for ten feet in all directions from their camp stove, have a shovel available, and ensure that a responsible person attends the stove always during use.
- Smoking is prohibited in a county park.
The parks that are not included in the burn ban are:
- Ed Levin Picnic Areas
- Coyote Creek parkway picnic areas
- Martial Cottle Park
- Los Gatos Creek Park
- Calero Launch Ramp (NOT other picnic areas of Calero)
- Alviso Marina