National ParksRx Day - Sunday, April 29th
FREE vehicle entry in all Santa Clara County Parks
National Parks Prescriptions (ParksRx) Week is an entire week celebrated across the United States to promote the growing movement of prescribing parks and nature to improve human health, and to encourage everyone to start seeing visits to parks and public lands as a means to improve personal and community health.
Santa Clara County Parks is celebrating this event with Park Rx Day, Sunday, April 29th with FREE vehicle entry in all Santa Clara County Parks! One gorgeous day for people to give themselves the gift of good health with a walk in a County Park, and help celebrate the growing Park Rx movement that has doctors everywhere prescribing to their patients to spend time in parks to improve their health.
This also includes Uvas Canyon where reservations for Sunday, April 29 will be at no charge. Simply call 408-355-2201 to make your reservation over the phone. On line reservations will charge (can not override) but we will gladly refund the cost of the reservation if you let us know you purchased on line. Email email@example.com
with your refund request.
- Positive experiences in nature can lead to a lifelong commitment to caring for and conserving natural resources.
- Regular walks in a park can help you to increase Vitamin D levels in the body from the natural sunlight and prevent diabetes!
- For children, outdoor play in a natural setting can improve motor strength, balance and coordination.
- For the elderly, time outdoors in a natural setting can improve cognition.
- Spending time outdoors is associated with improved distance vision.
- Exposure to nature can improve depression, anxiety and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Exercising outdoors can reduce sadness, anger and fatigue and improve attention spans.
- Time spent in places with natural landscaping can encourage social interactions and integrations.
- Time in nature may contribute to children’s cognitive emotional, social and educational development.
Prescribe your own Dose of Nature!
Fill out this handy ParkRx form to share with friends, co-workers and family members.