Summit Rock is CLOSED until September 2nd, 2016.
Welcome to Sanborn County Park. This lushly wooded park of over 3,688 acres, is nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains between Saratoga and Skyline Boulevard. This mountain park of redwoods and tan bark oak, offers hiking, camping, RV camping and picnicking opportunities year round. Enjoy your visit today and return often to experience the many features of Sanborn County Park.
Sanborn County Park is located on Sanborn Road. From Saratoga, proceed two miles west on Highway 9 to Sanborn Road. Turn left onto Sanborn Road, traveling one mile to the park entrance.How to Get There
Sanborn County Park is located at:
16055 Sanborn Rd. Saratoga, CA 95070
You can reach the park office at:(408) 867-9959
Sanborn County Park is located on Sanborn Road. From Saratoga, proceed two miles west on Highway 9 to Sanborn Road. Turn left onto Sanborn Road, traveling one mile to the park entrance.Activities
Hikers, picnickers, and campers will find Sanborn Park has much to offer. For experienced hikers, Sanborn Park has over 15 miles of trails that showcase the geographic features of the park. The Lake Ranch Trail offers a shaded, easy hike between Lake Ranch and Black Road.
The day use area offers a variety of amenities. A one mile nature trail is available to the park visitor which provides an excellent example of the flora and fauna to be found in the park. Picnic tables are available year round in the forty-acre, grass covered, day use area. For large gatherings, there are three group areas available by reservation. For reservations, please call (408) 355-2201
. During the summer months the park is home to the only outdoor Shakespearean company in Silicon Valley. Shady Shakespeare has been delighting audiences with outstanding productions of the works of Williams Shakespeare. For more information about Shady Shakespeare, visit their website at www.shadyshakes.org
An RV campground, open-year round, offers electric and water hook-ups and a dump station. Vehicle length limit is 30 feet. Reservations can be made for RV camping by calling (408) 355-2201
.Tent group camping is available by reservation at the walk-in campground. Tent camping is closed from the third Sunday in October, 2015, until the third Friday in March, 2016.
to make a reservation - we highly encourage them!Camping
Welcome to Sanborn Park campground. The park offers both RV and "walk-in" campgrounds. To ensure that your stay is safe and enjoyable, please follow these campground rules:
Hours and Fees
- Gate closes at sunset. Re-entry is allowed for campers. Campers must ask Sanborn Park Staff for the current gate combination when they arrive at the park.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Please respect your neighbors.
- Two vehicles allowed per campsite. Vehicles permitted at $10 per vehicle.
- Maximum capacity per site: RV site - 8 persons. Walk-in sites - 6 persons.
- Two campsite maximum allowed per person/household.
- Camping length of stay limit:
Memorial Day through Labor Day - 14 days maximum
Remainder of year - 14 days within a 45 day period
Tent camping is closed from the third Sunday in October, 2015, until the third Friday in March, 2016.
- Persons under 18 years of age may not camp without an adult.
- Pets are allowed in designated areas and the campground. They must be leashed at all times. Pets may not be left unattended or in your vehicle and must be confined at night.
- Bicycles are allowed in RV and picnic sites only. No riding in walk-in campground or on trails.
- Fires are permitted in designated fire rings only. Do not gather wood. Extinguish fires when unattended. When posted "NO FIRES", only campstoves or gas grills are permitted.
- Check out time is 1:00 p.m.
- Camp in designated sites only.
- Tents are allowed in the walk-in sites only; no tents in the RV sites.
- Do not dig or level the ground around tents or campsites.
- Garbage must be disposed of immediately. Keep your site clean.
- Do not pick, collect or remove flowers, foliage, berries, wood, animals, insects, or other items from the park.
- Do not damage any park property or vegetation with nails, wire, rope, knives, saws, paint, or other objects.
- Do not feed animals or birds for your safety and their health.
The park is open year round from 8:00 a.m. to sunset. Vehicle entry fees are collected year round. Fees are also required for RV camping, walk-in camping and group picnic areas.Accessibility
In compliance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ('ADA'), the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation Department will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its programs, services, or activities. The Department will make reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disability have an equal opportunity to enjoy our programs, services, facilities, and activities. If you need assistance with an ADA request, please contact our ADA Coordinator at ADA Coordinator.