Welcome to Uvas Canyon County Park. This lushly wooded park of 1,147 acres, is nestled in upper Uvas Canyon on the eastern side of the Santa Cruz Mountains. This mountain park offers hiking, camping and picnicking opportunities throughout most of the year. Enjoy your visit today and return often to experience the many features of Uvas Canyon County Park.
* Uvas Canyon County Park will be closed Monday through Thursday of each week beginning January 6 – March 3, 2020. The park will be open on Fridays – Sundays including holidays.
Also, reservations will be required for day use parking on weekends and holidays beginning January 4, 2020 through July 5, 2020. Please visit http://gooutsideandplay.org/ or call 408-355-2201 to make your reservation.
How to Get There
Uvas Canyon County Park is located at:
8515 Croy Rd Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Park Office: (408) 779-9232
Uvas Canyon County Park is located at the end of Croy Road in Uvas Canyon. From Highway 101, take Bernal Road west. Turn left on Santa Teresa Boulevard. Travel south 3 miles and turn right onto Bailey Avenue. Follow Bailey Road 2.3 miles to McKean Road. Turn left onto McKean Road (McKean Road becomes Uvas Road 2.2 miles south of Bailey Road). From Bailey Road travel 6 miles south on McKean/Uvas Road and turn right onto Croy Road. Continue 4.4 miles on Croy Road, through Sveadal, to reach the Park entrance. Sveadal is a private resort belonging to the Swedish American Patriotic League. Please respect their privacy and drive slowly as you pass through Sveadal.
Outdoor enthusiasts will find Uvas Canyon Park has much to offer. The park has 7.2 miles of hiking trails including a one mile Waterfall Loop that travels along Swanson Creek past many of the park's waterfalls. A pamphlet, available at the trailhead and/or ranger's office, highlights the flora of Uvas Canyon along this self-guided interpretive trail. The park contains individual picnic sites available on a first come, first served basis. The Black Oak Group Picnic Area is available by reservation for groups up to 75 people. The campground has 25 individual campsites and showers. Reservations are highly recommended. The Upper Bench Group Camping Area is reservable for up to 50 people. No swimming is permitted in any of the Santa Clara County Parks.
Welcome to Uvas Canyon County Park campground. To ensure that your stay is safe and enjoyable, please follow these campground rules:
- Gate closes at sunset. No re-entry after gates are closed.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Please respect your neighbors.
- Each campsite is limited to no more than eight (8) persons.
- Two campsite maximum per person/household allowed.
- Flush toilets and running water are available. Showers are available.
- A maximum of two (2) dogs per campsite. Pets are permitted in all areas but must be on a maximum of six foot long leash. Pets may not be left unattended and must be confined at night.
- Two (2) automobiles are allowed in each campsite.
- Camping length of stay limit:
Memorial Day through Labor Day - 14 days maximum
Remainder of year - 14 days within a 30 day period
- Persons using a campsite are required to re-register before noon or vacate the site before 1:00 pm. Each campsite used must be registered for and physically occupied each night.
- Persons under 18 years of age may not camp without an adult.
- Fires are permitted in designated fire rings only. Do not gather wood.
- Fires are permitted in designated fire rings only. Do not gather wood. Extinguish fires when unattended.
- When posted "NO FIRES," use campstoves only.
- Camp in designated sites only. Do not dig or level the ground around tents or campsites.
- Garbage must be disposed of immediately. Keep your site clean.
- Do not pick, collect, or remove flowers, foliage, berries, wood, animals, insects, or other items from the park.
- Do not damage any park property or vegetation with nails, wire, rope, knives, saws, paint, or other objects.
- Do not feed animals or birds for your safety and their health.
Hours and Fees
The park is open year round from 8:00 am to sunset. All non-campers must leave at sunset. The park entrance gate is closed at sunset. Fees are required for camping and for the use of the group picnic area. Camping fees are posted at the self service fee/information station located at the campground entrance. Camping reservations and the reservation of the Youth Group Campground and Black Oak Group Area may be reserved by calling (408) 355-2201 or at Go Outside and Play.
Access fees information here: Camping Fees, Group Picnic Sites Fees
In compliance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (‘ADA”), the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation Department will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its programs, services, or activities. The Department will make reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disability have an equal opportunity to enjoy our programs, services, facilities, and activities. If you need assistance with an ADA request, please contact our ADA Coordinator.