The Prevention & Programs workgroup focuses on project/work related to prevention and early intervention programs that serve youth in the County.
The PPW meets the second Friday of every other month from 9:00 to 10:30 AM at the County Government Center at Charcot located at 2310 N. First Street, San Jose, CA. The Charcot Center is located on the corner of Charcot and First Streets and the meetings take place in the ESA Wing conference/training rooms.
Membership shall consist of the following members from the JJSC, or their alternate representatives. Additional members may be invited if the nature of the work undertaken deems it prudent. Anyone is welcome to attend the meetings and participate in discussions.
- Public Defender
- Director, Mental Health Department
- President, Santa Clara County Police Chief's Association
- Faith Based Organization representative
- Chief, San Jose Police Department, Mayor's Gang Prevention Task Force
- City Manager, City of San Jose
- Superintendent, County Office of Education
- Superintendent, School District
- SEIU Local 521 representative
- Youth Advocacy Organization (Two representatives)
- Youth Advocate
- Youth Service Provider