The County of Santa Clara Public Health Department focuses on protecting and improving the health of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles, disease and injury prevention, and the promotion of sound health policy. The Department is comprised of a highly diverse workforce that encompasses many professional disciplines and areas of focus.
The County Santa Clara Public Health Department prevents disease and injury and creates environments that promote and protect the community’s health.
All people thrive in healthy communities that promote equity and optimal health.
Our Core Values
- Excellence: We deliver the highest quality services using best practice models.
- Equity: We work in partnership with others to address injustices that lead to health disparities.
- Diversity and Collaboration: We respect all cultures and beliefs and honor diversity, community collaboration, and inclusiveness.
- Accountability: We make informed decisions, demonstrate the effectiveness of our work, and communicate it to the community.
- Integrity: We strive to earn the trust of clients, partners, and communities by holding true to our commitments and values.
Our Commitment to Excellence
County of Santa Clara Public Health Department is proud to have earned national accreditation from the Public Health Accreditation Board in March 2016. Accreditation means that we have demonstrated our commitment to promoting and protecting the health of the public by continuously improving the quality of our services and the performance of our work. We successfully demonstrated our performance against 32 nationally recognized, practice-focused and evidence-based standards across 12 public health domains.
The Public Health Department has a strong focus on quality improvement:
- We care that our messages and services are understood by all, so we offer language assistance at all our locations.
- We ensure excellent customer service by regularly gathering client and partner feedback to identify areas for improvement. If you have feedback for us, please let us know.
- We have internal quality teams that continuously work on making our services highly efficient and effective for the residents of Santa Clara County.
- We prioritize racial and health equity as a foundational goal for everything we do. From infant mortality to life expectancy, race too often predicts health outcomes. To close the gaps in health disparities and improve outcomes for all, we must address the underlying systemic and institutional biases that allow these inequities to persist.
Learn more about the budget of the Public Health Department and the County.