Public health careers offer something for everyone: Epidemiology and biostatistics involve mathematics and modeling. Environmental health includes a wide range of science skills. Health administration incorporates business and management skills. Health education involves skills required to develop community-wide prevention programs. Health policy includes an understanding of law-making processes.
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career in public health. And our Internship Program is the perfect way to see if Public Health is right for you!
The goal of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department Internship Program is to provide a high-quality training experience for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students. Students will have an opportunity to develop academic, career and personal growth. Our program is guided by two core principles:
Strengthening the public health workforce through a focused effort to reach out to students in the field of Public Health.
Providing service to the Department and the Santa Clara County community
Paid Internship Eligibility:
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution/school or have graduated within the last six months.
- Have at least a 2.5 overall GPA.
- If a match is made, you'll be asked to submit a County application and other paperwork, and to complete a physical examination.
Students and interested volunteers are encouraged to check the website frequently for internship/volunteer postings:
- Students may be part-time or full-time
- Students may be volunteers, unpaid, or paid interns
- Assistant Youth Coordinator (closes February 23, 2018)
- Tobacco Control Research & Evaluation (closes February 23, 2018)
- Nutrition Education Obesity Prevention (closes February 23, 2018)
- Communications Interns (2 internships, closes February 23, 2018)
- Office of the Director Intern (closes February 23, 2018)
- Hepatitis B Prevention Program (closes February 23, 2018)
- HIV/AIDS Dashboards (closes February 23, 2018)
- HIV/AIDS Resource Inventory (closes February 23, 2018)
- STD/HIV Inventory Control Process & Procedure (closes February 23, 2018)
- STD/HIV Health Care Administration (closes February 23, 2018)
- STI Clinic Survey (closes February 23, 2018)
- Healthy Teen Relationships (closes February 23, 2018)
- Safe and Peaceful Neighborhoods (closes February 23, 2018)
When applying for open opportunities, please complete and submit: 1) Interns and Volunteer Application 2) cover letter and 3) resume to email@example.com. Incomplete files will not be processed.
- If there are no immediate openings (we will not hold on to resumes), continue to visit the website regularly for posted opportunities.
Better Health Pharmacy is seeking volunteers.
Attention Nursing Students:
Please see our Nursing Internship Policy for preceptorship placement guidance.
Please direct all questions to the Internship Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org