Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
is proven by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to prevent Type 2 Diabetes! It’s a lifestyle change program for people with prediabetes.
- It can help you lose 5-7% of your body weight. So if you weigh 200 pounds, this would mean losing 10-14 pounds.
- It supports you in increasing your physical activity routine to 150 minutes per week.
- Classes are offered in a group setting in the community, at clinics, and online.
- You will learn new skills like:
- Ways to stay motivated - Being active as a way of life
- Stress management - Carb & calorie counting
- A Lifestyle Coach will support you for 1 year in DPP!
- The cost can range from $429 or more for the 1-year program.
- Most health insurance plans cover the cost of the program and Medicare (in 2018) and Medi-Cal (in 2019) will start covering it soon!
Sign Up for a DPP class near you
- Talk to your Doctor or Clinic about DPP
- Call your health insurance plan to request DPP
- Check the CDC DPP Website to locate a program near you
The DPI Partners offering DPP
If you are a health clinic or medical provider, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the American Medical Association (AMA)
created the STAT toolkit to help you implement pre-diabetes screening and referral processes into your practice or clinic.
To learn more about the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention program and other related efforts, please contact:
Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
1400 Parkmoor Avenue, Suite 120 B
San Jose, CA 95126