NOTICE: Limited Needle Exchange Services Available
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting Needle Exchange Services until further notice. See below Needle Exchange Service options:
- Needle Exchange Services available on Tuesdays 5PM - 7PM in the Crane Center parking lot located at 976 Lenzen Ave., San Jose, CA 95126
- Pick up free, safe injection kits at the Public Health Pharmacy located at 976 Lenzen Ave., San Jose, CA 95126. Available Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
- Purchase syringes at your local pharmacy
- Pick up Narcan Monday - Friday 1PM - 2PM at the clinics listed below. Other times can be arranged by calling the clinic and making an appointment. *Please note that all visitors and patients will receive a temperature check prior to entering.
Central Valley Clinic
2425 Enborg Lane, San Jose, CA
Alexian Health Clinic
2101 Alexian Drive, San Jose, CA
South County Clinic
90 Highland Ave, Bldg. J, San Martin, CA
For more information, call 408-792-5529 Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM to speak with Needle Exchange staff.
We are currently evaluating how to best work with our community during this time and will provide periodic updates on this webpage.
- Syringe exchange (new needles in exchange for used needles)
- STD, HIV and Hepatitis C Testing at most Needle Exchange sites
- Referrals: Mental health, detox, substance use and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV Prevention
- Opioid overdose prevention (naloxone kits and training)
- Safer sex supplies and hygiene kits
- Fentanyl test strips
Needle Exchange Hours and Locations
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting Needle Exchange Services until further notice. Please see above notice for Needle Exchange Service options.
Frequently Asked About Health Resources
Valley Homeless Clinic at Alexian
Walk-in psychiatric and health care clinic for homeless individuals, call for hours and location.
Homefirst Shelter Clinic (Formerly EHC)
Walk-in health care clinic for homeless individuals, call for hours and location.
Mobile Medical Unit
Walk-in health care clinic for homeless individuals, call for location near you.
Mobile Dental Unit
Routine and emergency dental care, call for a location near you.
The NEX Program has been approved by the Santa Clara Board of Supervisors, as permitted by HS code 11364.7
976 Lenzen Avenue
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone: (408) 792-3720
Fax: (408) 792-3720