NOTICE: To prevent the spread of COVID-19, STD clinic services will only be available to patients meeting one or more of the following criteria until further notice:
- Patients experiencing signs/symptoms of an STD
- Patients who have had sex with someone who tested positive for an STD
- Patients who tested positive for an STD and need treatment
- Patients needing a PrEP follow-up appointment
- Patients interested in starting PrEP
If you meet one or more of the criteria listed above, you may call 408-792-3720 to schedule an appointment.
Need a reason to get tested for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
Here are three:
- The most common STD symptom is no symptom at all, so the only way to know your status is to get tested
- Many STDs like gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis are treatable and curable, but if left untreated these infections can cause serious complications
- Young people in Santa Clara County and nationwide are disproportionately affected by STDs
The good news is that getting tested for STDs is one of the most important things you could do for your health, and our process is fast and easy at the Crane Center.
The Crane Center offers HIV and STD Testing
NOTICE: To prevent spread of COVID-19, HIV testing, Hepatitis C testing and STD screening will not be available in Suite 1800 until further notice. If you meet any of the criteria listed at the top of this page, call 408-792-3720 to schedule an appointment.
Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing
Location: Suite 1800
Cost: Free for adults & youth age 12+
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Clinical evaluation and treatment for STDs, including PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) and PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis)
Location: Suite 1500A; walk-ins accepted - symptomatic patients only*
Cost: $40 for adults & $5 for youth age 12-17
- Monday: 12:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Wednesday: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
*Clinic will open for registration 30 minutes prior to posted times and will close to walk-in patients once maximum clinic volume has been reached each day. Therefore, we may close before posted times. To increase the likelihood that you will be seen, please arrive early. Please be aware that wait times may vary.
Location: Suite 1800; for people with no symptoms, by appointment only
Cost: $40 for adults and $5 for youth age 12-17
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Closed: Saturday, Sunday, Holidays
Alternate Test Sites
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI)
Free HIV Rapid Testing, Counseling, and Referrals in Santa Clara County
1010 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126
Free HIV Rapid Testing
Billy DeFrank Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Community Center
938 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126
Free HIV Rapid Testing; anonymous and confidential results available.
Get Tested: National HIV and STD Testing
Find free, fast, and confidential testing near you