The best way to prevent the flu (influenza)
is to get vaccinated each year. The flu vaccine provides protection against the influenza viruses that are predicted to be most common during the current flu season. The flu is a contagious respiratory illness that can cause mild to severe illness. Serious outcomes of flu infection can result in hospitalization or death.
Flu shot availblility
The Public Health Department offers the flu shot
through the Public Health Pharmacy Travel & Immunization Clinic
- For adults 18 years and older
- No charge while supplies last
- For 2019-2020, flu shots are available beginning September 30, 2019
- Payment is required at the time of service by cash, debit, and/or major credit card.
- Cardholder must be present with personal ID in order to authorize payment with debit and credit cards.
- We accept select insurance plans which may cover the vaccine fees. Please bring your insurance card at the time of your visit.
Learn more about flu in Santa Clara County
Public Health Pharmacy, Travel and Immunization Clinic
976 Lenzen Avenue, Suite 1100
San Jose, CA 95126